TERMS OF SERVICE HIGHLIGHTS
Please also read the full Terms of Service set forth below.
YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. Each time you access or use the Website or the Services (as defined below), you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service and any additional terms that will apply to you.
BINDING ARBITRATION OF ALL DISPUTES; NO CLASS RELIEF. Any disputes under these Terms of Service will be resolved on an individual basis through binding arbitration, with no class relief.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. We disclaim warranties and provide the Website and Services “AS IS”.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Our liability is limited.
CONTACT. Questions about our Terms of Service may be sent to email@example.com or as otherwise set forth in the Terms of Services.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS OF SERVICE
These Terms of Service are entered into by and between You and ADVANCED WELLNESS SYSTEMS, LLC (collectively, “AWS,” and as the context may require, “us,” “our,” or “we”). The following terms and conditions, together with any documents they expressly incorporate by reference (collectively, these “Terms of Service”), govern your access to and use of www.springboardcommons.com including any content, applications, tools, functionality and services offered on or through www.springboardcommons.com as well as any other website operated by AWS where these Terms of Service may be posted (the “Website”), as well as any services offered by AWS, whether through the Website or not (the “Services”) whether as a guest or a registered user.
This Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with AWS and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website or the Services.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE USING THE SERVICE
The Website and Services are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you have a medical or heart condition, consult your doctor before using the Website or the Services, engaging in an exercise program or changing your diet. If you experience a medical emergency, stop using the Website and the Services and consult with a medical professional. We are not responsible for any health problems that may result from the Website or the Services of any training programs, consultations, products, or events you learn about through the Website or the Services. If you engage in any exercise program you receive or learn about through the Website or the Services you agree that you do so at your own risk and are voluntarily participating in these activities.
Our goal is to provide helpful and accurate information on the Website or the Services, but we make no endorsement, representation or warranty of any kind about any content, information, services or recommendations. We are not responsible for the accuracy, reliability, effectiveness, or correct use of information you receive through the Website or the Services. If you rely on any content on the Website or the Services, you do so solely at your own risk.
Use of the Website or the Services should not replace your good judgment and common sense.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
The information presented on or through the Website or the Services is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by AWS, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of AWS. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
ACCESSING THE WEBSITE AND ACCOUNT SECURITY
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website or the Services, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website or the Services is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
- Ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms of Service and comply with them.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
We have the right to disable any user name, password or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if, in our opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms of Service.
If you elect to access any paid component of the Services, such as becoming a subscriber, you agree to pay all fees and charges associated with that paid component on a timely basis. Unless otherwise stated, all fees and charges are due and payable in advance, are non-refundable, and are exclusive of any applicable federal, state, or local taxes. All such fees and charges (including any taxes and late fees, as applicable) will be charged to the payment method you provided when you elected to access that paid component of the Services. You agree to maintain a valid payment method during the term of your use of such Services.
Use of the Services may involve transmission of data through your carrier or service provider’s network. You are responsible for all carrier, text/SMS, data, or other related fees or charges you incur from your carrier or service provider in connection with, or related to your use of the Services. AWS assumes no liability or responsibility for the payment of any charges you may incur.
Cancellations must be made in writing by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cancel within 10 days of the next billing cycle, you will not be charged. If not, your payment will be processed, is non-refundable, and your subscription will continue until the end of that billing cycle.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Services and the Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by AWS, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
These Terms of Service permit you to use the Website and the Services for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on our Website, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Website.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any Services or materials available through the Website.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: email@example.com.
If you print, copy, modify, download or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of the Website in breach of the Terms of Service, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title or interest in or to the Website or any content on the Website is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by AWS. Any use of the Website not expressly permitted by these Terms of Service is a breach of these Terms of Service and may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
Trademarks. The AWS name, the AWS logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of AWS or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of AWS. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Prohibited uses. You may use the Website and the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms of Service. You agree not to use the Website or the Services:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the Content Standards set out in these Terms of Service.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate AWS, a AWS employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm AWS or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
The Website may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Website.
All User Contributions must comply with the Content Standards set out below.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose/according to your account settings.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns.
- All of your User Contributions do and will comply with these Terms of Service.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not AWS, have fully responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Website.
MONITORING AND ENFORCEMENT; TERMINATION. We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Take any action with respect to any User Contribution that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such User Contribution violates the Terms of Service, including the Content Standards set forth below, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the Website or the public or could create liability for AWS.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Website for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of these Terms of Service.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS AWS AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY AWS OR ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER AWS OR SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES. However, we do not undertake to review material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
If you believe that any User Contributions violate your copyright, please see our Copyright Policy below for instructions on sending us a Notice of copyright infringement. It is the policy of AWS to terminate the user accounts of repeat infringers.
AWS has designated an agent with the United States Copyright Office in accordance with the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Sec. 512, (the “DMCA”) and avails itself of the protections under the DMCA. Further, we reserve the right to remove any content which allegedly infringes another person’s copyright.
If you believe any materials on the Website infringe a copyright, you should provide us with a request to take down the allegedly infringing material in the form of a written letter, sent by regular mail only (“DMCA Takedown Notice”), which at a minimum includes:
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (if available);
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; and
- The signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to ignore a DMCA Takedown Notice that is not in compliance with the DMCA.
If your material has been removed or blocked by us as a result of our receipt of a DMCA Takedown Notice, you may send us a request asking for the allegedly infringing material to be restored in the form of a written letter, sent by regular mail only (“DMCA Counter-Notice”), which at a minimum includes:
- Identification of the copyrighted work (or works) that was removed and the location at which the works appeared before they were removed. The information must be reasonably sufficient to permit us to identify the copyrighted work;
- Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (if available);
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the U.S. Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or North Carolina if your address is outside of the United States;
- A statement that you will accept service of process from the person (or an agent of such person) who provided the DMCA Takedown Notice to us;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the allegedly infringing material identified above as the copyrighted work was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- A signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted work that was taken down.
When we receive a DMCA Counter-Notice, we will send a copy of the DMCA Counter-Notice to the party who originally sent us the DMCA Takedown Notice and we will reinstate the allegedly infringing material, unless that party obtains a court order supporting removal of the allegedly infringing material. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to ignore a DMCA Counter-Notice that is not in compliance with the DMCA.
Both the DMCA Takedown Notice and the DMCA Counter-Notice must be sent to our designated DMCA agent addressed as follows:
ADVANCED WELLNESS SYSTEMS, LLC
Attn: DMCA Agent
5561 McNeely Drive, Suite 301
Raleigh, North Carolina 27612
You should contact the DMCA agent only for delivering copyright infringement notices and counter notifications. The DMCA agent will not answer any other inquiries.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
FEEDBACK AND SUBMISSIONS POLICY
If you submit comments, ideas, or feedback to us, you agree that we can use them without any restriction or compensation to you. We do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas or feedback previously known to us, developed by AWS, or obtained from sources other than you.
CONTESTS AND GIVEAWAYS
Additional terms and conditions may apply to contests, giveaways and other promotions sponsored by AWS and its partners. It is your responsibility to carefully review those terms and conditions.
YOU AGREE TO RECEIVE ALERTS AND NOTIFICATIONS
As part of your use of the Website and the Services, you may receive notifications, text messages, alerts, or e-mails. You agree to the receipt of these communications. You can control receipt of non-service related communications from your account settings. You are responsible for any messaging or data fees you may be charged by your wireless carrier.
LINKS FROM THE WEBSITE
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
LINKING TO THE WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
You may link to our Website homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
This Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Website.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Website.
- Cause limited portions of content on this Website to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us/and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
- Link to any part of the Website other than the homepage.
- Otherwise take any action with respect to the materials on this Website that is inconsistent with any other provision of these Terms of Service.
The website from which you are linking, or on which you make certain content accessible, must comply in all respects with the Content Standards set out in these Terms of Service.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
The owner of the Website is based in the state of North Carolina in the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
CHANGES TO WEBSITE AND SERVICES
AWS may change or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any feature or component of the Website or the Services at any time without notice. AWS is not liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of any feature or component of the Website or the Services.
If you violate these Terms of Service, we reserve the right to deactivate your account or terminate these Terms of Service, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice or liability to you. Upon any such termination, we may delete content and other information related to your account. You may cancel your account at any time by contacting AWS at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of the AWS Service or your account, any provision of these Terms of Services which by their nature should survive the termination shall so survive.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES AND THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER AWS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH AWS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER AWS NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH AWS REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICES AND THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
AWS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL AWS, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES AND THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless AWS, its affiliates, licensors and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms of Service or your use of the Services and the Website, including, but not limited to, your User Contributions, any use of the Website’s content, Services and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms of Service or your use of any information obtained from the Website.
Governing Law. These Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina without application of conflict of laws rules unless the provisions of Resolution by Arbitration below apply.
Resolution of any Dispute. If a dispute arises between you and AWS, we want to provide you with an efficient, neutral and cost-effective means of resolving the dispute. Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction by calling our telephone number:
Or write to us:
ADVANCED WELLNESS SYSTEMS, LLC
Attn: Carolyn Naseer
5561 McNeely Drive, Suite 301
Raleigh, North Carolina 27612
If, however, there is an issue that needs to be resolved, these Terms of Service describe how both of us will proceed:
Limitation of Legal Remedies. INSTEAD OF SUING IN COURT, YOU AND AWS EACH AGREE TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES ON A BILATERAL (INDIVIDUAL) BASIS. You and AWS agree that with the exception of any violation of AWS intellectual property rights and any other rights set forth below, any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to any aspect of our relationship, the products and Services accessible from AWS, or our marketing efforts, including complaints concerning unsolicited text messages, e-mails, and telemarketing calls (collectively, “Claim(s)”) which cannot be settled through customer service refunding your payments in full, will be resolved by one arbitrator through binding arbitration. This agreement to arbitrate is intended to be broadly interpreted. It includes Claims based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory. The arbitrator’s decision and award is final and binding, with some exceptions under the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. 1, et seq., and judgment on the award may be entered in any court with jurisdiction.
Jury Trial Waiver. YOU AND AWS EACH VOLUNTARILY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN RESOLVING ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN US ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES.
Class Action Waiver. You and AWS each agree that we may bring claims against the other only in an individual capacity and not in a class action or representative proceeding. All arbitrations under these Terms of Service must be conducted on an individual (and not a class-wide) basis, and an arbitrator will have no authority to award class-wide relief. You acknowledge and agree that: (i) these Terms of Service specifically prohibit you from commencing any legal proceedings as a representative of others, participating in a class, representative, or collective action as a class representative, class member or an opt-in party, acting as a private attorney general, or joining or consolidating Claims with claims or proceedings brought by any other person; and (ii) there will be no right or authority for any dispute to be brought, heard or arbitrated as a class or collective action, as a private attorney general, or in a representative capacity on behalf of any person (“class action waiver”).
Resolution by Arbitration. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other a written Notice of Dispute describing the nature and basis of the Claim and setting forth the specific relief sought (a “Notice”). All Notices to AWS must be sent to the following address: ADVANCED WELLNESS SYSTEMS, LLC, 5561 McNeely Drive, Suite 301, Raleigh, North Carolina 27612. All notices to you will be sent to the e-mail or street address provided in your account, if available. Upon receipt of such Notice, the receiving party will have a sixty (60) day period in which it may satisfy the Claim against it by fully curing the Claim, providing all the relief requested in the Notice, or entering into a settlement to resolve the Claim to the mutual satisfaction of the parties. After the expiration of such sixty (60) day cure period, you or AWS may commence an arbitration proceeding. The arbitration of any Claim under these Terms will be referred to the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) under its rules and procedures, including the AAA’s Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. These rules and procedures are available by calling the AAA or by visiting its web site at www.adr.org. The arbitration of any Claim will be conducted in the State of North Carolina, and for any non-frivolous Claim that does not exceed $10,000, AWS: (1) will pay all costs of the arbitration; (2) will, if you prefer, conduct the arbitration by telephone; and (3) will not seek attorney’s fees if AWS prevails. Each party will pay the fees and costs of its own counsel, experts, and witnesses.
Choice of Law. These Terms of Service concerns a transaction in interstate commerce, and therefore will be governed by the United States Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq. (the “FAA”). The FAA’s provisions, not state law, govern all questions of whether a dispute is subject to arbitration.
Exception. Any Claim or action for (i) indemnification, (ii) any violation of AWS intellectual property rights, (iii) contribution, (iv) interpleader, or (v) injunctive relief arising out of a Claim, will not be subject to arbitration.
Survival. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of these Terms of Service and the closing of your account or other relationship with AWS.
Severability. If any provision of this Dispute Resolution provision is declared or found by a court of competent jurisdiction or arbitrator to be unlawful, unenforceable or void, such provision will be ineffective only to the extent that it is found unlawful, unenforceable or void, and the remainder of the provision and all other provisions will remain fully enforceable, except that if for some reason the class action waiver for any Claim cannot be enforced, then the provision to arbitrate will not apply.
Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any dispute or Claim must be filed within one (1) year after such Claim or cause of action arose, or be forever barred.
Except as otherwise stated herein, these Terms of Service constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between AWS and you regarding the Website and the Services, and these Terms of Service supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between AWS and you regarding the Website and Service. These Terms of Service shall not supersede any conflicting provisions of Master Services Agreement between AWS and you, if any. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms of Service invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms of Service will remain in full force and effect.
You may not assign or transfer these Terms of Service, by operation of law or otherwise, without AWS’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms of Service, without such consent, will be null. AWS may freely assign or transfer these Terms of Service without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms of Service will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications provided by AWS under these Terms of Service, including those regarding modifications to these Terms of Service, will be given: (i) via e-mail; or (ii) by posting to AWS the Website. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt on the message will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
AWS’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of AWS. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms of Service, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms of Service will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms of Service or otherwise.
ADDITIONAL TERMS MAY APPLY
Additional terms may apply to certain products or Services. In the event that there is a conflict between these Terms of Service and any additional terms, the additional terms will control.
Please contact us AT email@example.com or 919-782-4644 if you have any questions about these Terms.
Date of Last Update: April 7, 2016